How to Use GWACs
Using pre-competed Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) will help your agency buy total IT solutions more efficiently and economically.
Federal contracting officers must follow these steps to begin using GSA’s GWACs.
- Attend training
- Request a Delegation of Procurement Authority
- Issue the task order according to the contract's and your agency's procedures
- Report contract actions
- Review past performance
Please contact us for help on any part of the contracting process.
- Seven steps to performance-based services acquisition (Acquisition.gov)
Creating the statement of work (SOW)
- Best practices for multiple award task and delivery order contracting (OMB)
- Increasing competition and structuring contracts for the best results (OMB) (PDF, 103KB)
- Guidance on creating 508 compliant IT solicitations (Buyaccessible.gov)
After the award
- A guide to best practices for contract administration (PDF, 62KB)
- Best practices for collecting and using current and past performance information (OMB)
For information on exercising options on task orders on expired GWACs, contact a GWAC representative.