The following documents provide background information on the social science research that informs the Total Workplace solution offering.
- Workplace Solutions Library: GSA has created the Workplace Solutions Library to help our colleagues think about the way we design, create and use spaces. Our research and pilot projects tell us that you cannot effectively design space or select the right furniture if you do not understand how people work.
- Policy Background Documents
- Workplace Transformation: Continuum Approach [PDF - 126.24 KB]
- Knowledge Sharing Through Face-To-Face [PDF - 357.54 KB]
- Measuring Workplace Productivity [PDF - 1.47 MB]
- Impact of Office Design on Business Performance [PDF - 282.75 KB]
- Productivity Metrics - CoreNet Global Research [PDF - 1.62 MB]
- R3 Mobility Case Study [PDF - 4.78 MB]
- GSA Sound Matters [PDF - 3.4 MB]: Identifying the work patterns of your workforce is just as important as selecting the proper space configuration and furniture. Work Patterns describe how people interact and where people spend their time when at work.