On-Site Power and Renewables
EISA 2007 requires new buildings and major renovations of Federal buildings to reduce fossil fuel consumption 100 percent by 2030, relative to 2003. As we approach that date, the use of on-site power generation becomes more critical.
Published On-Site Power & Renewables Findings
The Green Proving Ground program, in association with federal laboratories, has subjected the following technologies to real-world measurement and verification in GSA buildings. Links to published results are listed below.
- 027. Honeycomb Solar Thermal Collector, August 2016
- 016. Photovoltaic-Thermal Hybrid Solar System, January 2015
- 014. Wood-Pellet-Fired Biomass Boiler, June 2014
- 008. PV Guidance, December 2013
- 005. Photovoltaics, December 2012