Army Fee Assistance
New Army Families:
Please Submit New Enrollment Applications to Child Care Aware of America
The GSA has begun transition of Army Fee Assistance Program administration to Child Care Aware of America (CCAoA). CCAoA is now accepting new enrollment applications directly from Army sponsors. If your family is not currently enrolled in the program and you wish to apply, please visit the CCAoA website. For instructions, email your application to email@example.com, or call CCAoA at 1-800-424-2246.
More details about the program can be found in the Army Fee Assistance Family Handbook and the FAQ, both of which you can find at the below. Please read and follow the instructions carefully to avoid delays in having your application processed.
Primary Qualifying Requirements:
- You are an Active Duty Solider, Activated Army National Guard, Activated Army Reserve or Department of Army Civilian Sponsor.
- There is no child care space available at your Army installation or you are an eligible geographically dispersed Sponsor, Recruiter, or Sponsor of a School Age child.
- If you are married or single with a partner, your spouse or partner must be working, attending school, or looking for work and/ or enrolling in school and need child care at least 16 hours per week (with the exception of school age care during the school year).
- The status of the spouse and the amount of child care needed must be evaluated to determine if the Fee Assistance should be full-time, part-time, or unauthorized due to insufficient hours.
- Child care providers not already enrolled in the Army Fee Assistance program must qualify and enroll with the GSA prior to your Fee Assistance being approved.
- The child care provider and Army Sponsor must validate, sign, and submit monthly Attendance Sheets (provided by the AFA program) to the GSA for issuance of Fee Assistance subsidy directly to the provider.
- Providers must be enrolled