National Safety Program
The National Safety Program was developed to address serious issues that impact operators of GSA Fleet vehicles. On average, 115 people die every day in car accidents in the United States (one every 13 minutes). GSA Fleet is determined to create specific programs that will help:
- Minimize crashes;
- Reduce costs; and
- Ensure customers are more alert when driving.
GSA Fleet has over 200,000 vehicles in customer hands. The mission of the National Safety Program is to reduce overall crashes and incidents by targeting specific areas of risk, and establishing consistent messages of safety awareness among GSA Fleet vehicle drivers.
GSA Fleet Safety offers the following training for free to GSA Fleet customers:
- Online Defensive Driving Course; and
- Distracted Driving and the Safety of Your Fleet training [a nongovernment website].
Check out Fleet’s Driver Safety Resources portal on Fleet’s Drive-thru customer portal where you’ll find:
- Fleet Safety Newsletters;
- Safety short-video links;
- Fact sheets;
- Poster PDFs; and
- Additional training and more.
For more on managing your Fleet’s safety, visit Accident Prevention.
Additional Fleet Safety Resources:
- Executive Order, Federal Leadership on Reducing Text Messaging While Driving;
- Department of Transportation’s Distracted Driving focus: Distraction.gov;
- Latest state cell phone laws: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety [a nongovernment website]; and
- Traffic safety statistics: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration [a nongovernment website].