GSA Global Supply™ Overview
2016 Catalog Now Available: GSA Global Supply's 2016 Catalog is now available. Users can view it online or request a printed copy to be mailed.
Alert: Effective June 1, 2015, the Treasury Department lowered the maximum dollar amount allowed for intergovernmental charge card transactions to $24,999. Additional details are available in Notice on Treasury Policy Change Effective June 1, 2015.
GSA Global Supply provides federal users, military or civilian, worldwide access to common-use items like office products, tools and cleaning supplies. Users can requisition items and pay with a government purchase card or through direct billing via an Activity Address Code (AAC/DoDAAC). Multiple ordering methods are available to maximize customer options. In response to changes in customer demand and the commercial marketplace, GSA Global Supply is modernizing its business model as described below.
GSA Global Supply's New Business Model
GSA Blog Post: Acting Assistant Commissioner Bill Sisk posted a message on June 30, 2015, that touches on the evolution of the GSA Global Supply business model, and the modernization of the traditional concept of a "requisition." The blog post was prompted by the recent award of National Stock Number contracts under the FSSI Office Supplies Third Generation (OS3) Requisition channel, for use by GSA Global Supply customers starting in late 2015.
Features of the new model include:
- Direct delivery of products from our vendor partners for greater speed and lower cost;
- Lower prices through incorporation of Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative partners for Office supplies, Maintenance, Repair & Operating (MRO) items and Janitorial/Sanitation (JanSan) products;
- Enhanced IT platforms to improve customer visibility regarding order status; and
- Streamlined product offering following reassignment of FSG 80 (paint, sealant, etc.) and wildland fire items to DLA;
What does not change:
- Requisition-based ordering means customers do not have to comparison shop or document three (3) sources;
- Guaranteed compliance with FAR and other federal purchasing regulations;
- Easy customer service at (800) 488-3111 or email at NCSCcustomer.Service@gsa.gov; and
- Ordering options are plentiful:
The tables below contain a variety of reference documents that may assist customers with these transitions. The first contains general items related to the changing business model. The second is focused on the items that transitioned to DLA.
Table 1 – Reference Documents in GSA’s Evolving Business Model
|FAQs Document - updated as needed.||10/3/2014||114KB|
|AAC Contacts - civilian agency POCs to confirm an AAC (rev. 8/20/14)||6/9/2014||438KB|
|DODAAC Contacts - military POCs to confirm a DODAAC||6/9/2014||73KB|
|GSA Announcement - FSG 80 items and more||5/21/2014||2.7MB|
|Distribution Center Announcement||2/18/2014||109KB|
Table 2 - Reference Documents regarding Items Transitioned to DLA
|Vendor Update on DLA Management of FSG 80 - Learn how DLA purchases FSG 80 and other items||6/19/2014||8KB|
|June 1 NSNs Transferring GSA to DLA - almost entirely FSG 80 items||5/5/2014||1MB|
|May 1 NSNs Transferring GSA to DLA - Includes Wildland Fire and other items||5/1/2014||155KB|
|DoD EMALL registration instructions||5/2/2014||2.2MB|
|MOA re FSG 80 Products||4/1/2014||111KB|
GSA Global Supply. Your Mission. Your Way.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/globalsupply.