Office of Assisted Acquisition Services
The Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS) program of the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) offers value-added, customized, acquisition, project management, and financial management services for large and/or complex Information Technology and Professional Services solutions.
Note: This video is hosted by a nongovernment commercial site.
AAS is comprised of 10 Client Support Centers: FEDSIM and 9 Regional offices.
AAS trained staff are certified contracting, project management and financial management professionals located throughout the United States, Europe, and Asia. AAS offers expertise in formulating and executing large and/or complex Information Technology and Professional Services solutions, including, but not limited to:
Integrated IT Projects
- Integrated services that combine services, software, and hardware into a single solution
- Systems Support and Software Development ( e.g. planning, designing, programming and integrating COTS, GOTS, etc.)
Other IT Services
- Program Support;
- Help Desk Support ( e.g., data/call centers);
- IT Infrastructure;
- Enterprise Architecture;
- Communications Support ( e.g.; voice, video, Internet, and data support);
- Installation/Wiring ( e.g.; wireless, telecommunications, and equipment services); and
- Other IT services not already specified.
- Professional Engineering Services ( e.g. mechanical, chemical, electrical engineering);
- Logistics; and
- Business Consulting ( e.g. non-IT program management or other consulting services).
Other Non-IT Services
- Facilities Maintenance;
- Human Resources and Administrative Services;
- Training Services;
- Financial and Accounting Services;
- Advertising and Marketing, and Public Relations Services;
- Languages Services;
- Energy, Environmental and Sustainability Solutions; and
- Other Non-IT services not already specified.
AAS delivers value through acquisition, project management and financial management excellence. AAS works with agency program, financial, contracting and legal counsel to ensure requirements are met on time, within budget, and at reduced risk resulting in best value solutions. Customized services are scalable and available when and where agencies need them.
Agencies choose the services and the level of support needed for each requirement:
- Requirements Analysis;
- Market Research;
- Acquisition Planning and Acquisition Strategy Development;
- Development of all acquisition documentation including:
- Performance Based Statements of Work/Statements of Objectives;
- Independent Government Cost Estimates;
- Technical Evaluation Criteria and Technical Evaluation Plans; and
- Quality Assurance Surveillance Plans.
- Signing and Administering the Contract and/or Task Order(s);
- Project Management/COR; and
- Manage Project Schedule and Review Deliverables;
- Earned Value Management;
- Monitor Vendor Performance and Resolve Disputes;
- Manage Award Fee Evaluation Boards;
- Funds Management;
- Legal Support; and
- Contract Close-out.
Solutions may include the use of Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs), Multiple Award Contracts, GSA Schedules, Single Award or Agency-Specific Contracts. This suite of solutions provides customer access to thousands of commercial partners, and an unlimited variety in Information Technology and Professional Services solutions. Additionally, AAS can also help meet small, disadvantaged business goals by offering solutions such as 8(a) STARS II, Alliant Small Business, and VETS contracts.
AAS' focus on financial management ensures a customer agency’s money will be spent in accordance with appropriation, authorization and bona fide need. AAS also ensures compliance with all applicable Federal Acquisition Regulations, including agency specific acquisition and financial management policies.
If you would like additional information, you can reach AAS by calling (703) 605-3699 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/aas.