Office of the Chief People Officer
Mission: To contribute to GSA's business success by providing human capital management strategies, policies, advice, information, services and solutions that are consistent with merit system principles.
The Office of the Chief People Officer (CPO) manages GSA's programs, policies, and operations for the agency’s 12,000 employees. As part of GSA’s Human Capital Strategic Plan, the CPO works to:
- Ensure strategic and organizational alignment,
- Ensure continuity and quality of executive leadership,
- Compete for and retain a workforce that is talented and effectively deployed,
- Promote a diverse workforce,
- Create a culture that motivates employees for high performance,
- Promote a culture and climate of knowledge sharing and continuous learning, and improvement
- Provide a working environment where employees can be most productive.
Additionally, under a cross-servicing arrangement the CPO provides human resources system support to approximately 11,000 employees from the Office of Personnel Management, the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the Railroad Retirement Board, the National Credit Union Administration, and various presidential boards and commissions.