About the Great Lakes Region
The Great Lakes Region is committed to providing superior workplaces, expert solutions, acquisition plans, and management services – at best value – to help federal agencies serve the public more effectively.
In support of our customers' goals in 2014*, GSA's Great Lakes Region:
- Managed 1,080 properties, totaling 35.8 million square feet of space; these include 54 historic buildings, 11 land ports of entry (border stations), 42 buildings with ENERGY STAR® designations, and 21 buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED® ) ratings.
- Maintained a collection of 95 pieces of fine art and 29 installed Art in Architecture works.
- Operated a fleet of 15,164 vehicles, 10,889 of which use alternative fuels.
- Outleased 73,287 square feet of vacant space to private businesses and the general public via 76 different lease agreements; these outleases added $2.72 million to the Federal Buildings Fund for use on building upkeep in 2014.
- Awarded $74.8M – 56% of total regional contracting dollars – to small businesses.
- Received a 65% tenant satisfaction rating (four or higher on a five-point scale) on the 2014 GSA Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Recycled 3,800 tons of waste in 2014, generating $214,000 in revenue, avoiding $350,000 in shipping/disposal costs, and diverting 58% of its waste from landfills.
- Donated nearly $41 million worth of excess and surplus property to federal and state agencies in 2014.
*Source: 2015 Statistical Card for the GSA Great Lakes Region.