About the Great Lakes Region
The Great Lakes Region is committed to providing superior workplaces, expert solutions, acquisition plans, and management services – at best value – to help federal agencies serve the public more effectively.
In support of our customers' goals in 2015*, GSA's Great Lakes Region:
- Managed 1,025 properties, totaling 35.3 million square feet of space; these include 54 historic buildings, 11 land ports of entry (border stations), 35 buildings with ENERGY STAR® designations, and 20 buildings with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) ratings.
- Maintained a collection of 95 pieces of fine art and 29 installed Art in Architecture works.
- Operated a fleet of 15,452 vehicles, 11,752 of which use alternative fuels.
- Outleased 42,810 square feet of vacant space to private businesses and the general public via 91 different lease agreements; these outleases added $1.98 million to the Federal Buildings Fund for use on building upkeep in 2015.
- Awarded $89.6M – 68% of total regional contracting dollars – to small businesses.
- Received a 66% tenant satisfaction rating (four or higher on a five-point scale) on the 2015 GSA Tenant Satisfaction Survey.
- Recycled 8,000 tons of waste in 2015, avoiding $380,000 in shipping/disposal costs, and diverting 58% of its waste from landfills.
- Donated more than $35 million worth of excess and surplus property to federal and state agencies in 2015.
*Source: Fiscal Year 2016 Statistical Card for the GSA Great Lakes Region (statistics as of Oct. 1, 2015).