Human Resources System
The General Services Administration (GSA) has customized Oracle's Federal Human Resources system to meet the ever-growing needs of the federal HR community. This customized system known as the Comprehensive Human Resources Integrated System (CHRIS) can support not just transaction processing, but every aspect of the HR lifecycle, and can be further customized with a customer agency’s individual business rules.
CHRIS is based upon Oracle’s leading-edge relational database technology, and is fully web-based. Transactions move automatically from desk to desk – or location to location -- in accordance with workflow design. Through self-service capabilities controlled by the customer agency, managers can view information about employees and their transactions, and employees can view and update their own records.
When linked to Business Objects software, CHRIS provides fast data retrieval, custom reporting and query features that allow agencies to perform analysis, identify trends, track changes and forecast future needs.
CHRIS interfaces with GSA’s Oracle-based Payroll Accounting and Reporting (PAR) system, thereby providing a complete solution for HR and payroll operations. GSA’s PAR system is an authorized e-Payroll provider.
CHRIS Functional Description
A list of CHRIS functionality and features, including brief functional descriptions.
- Real-time data, no overnight batch processing, no waiting for HR (or any other system) to share information, employee changes are made directly/immediately into application
- Transaction cost savings
- Reduced customer maintenance (i.e., reduced need for system administrator and HR Specialist oversight)
- Elimination of inaccurate/duplicate data entry and duplicate information storage
- Employees can manage Personal Information including Dependents, Beneficiaries and Contacts (e.g. Emergency Contacts, Family Members, etc.)
- More Self Service functionality than offered by other federal government modules (i.e., Employee Express, IBIS/IVERS, etc.)
Other System Benefit
- Paperless; no forms; transactions are printable
- Section 508 compliant
CHRIS Client Agencies
CHRIS provides a full range of human resource services to over 22,000 employees from the following agencies:
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- Agency Liaison Division (ALD) – servicing Presidential Boards and Commissions
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- National Credit Union Administration (NCUA)
- Railroad Retirement Board (RRB)
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-IM)
- United States Institute of Peace (USIP)