Professional Services Schedule (PSS)
The Professional Services Schedule (PSS) is an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) multiple award schedule, providing direct access to simple or complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services including advertising and marketing solutions, business consulting services, environmental services, financial and business services, language services, logistics solutions and professional engineering solutions.
Using the streamlined procurement procedures in FAR Subpart 8.4 Federal Supply Schedules, PSS offers federal agencies access to more than 3,300 experienced contractors who provide a range of commercial professional services at discounted and competitive prices.
The PSS consists of seven formerly separate schedules that were consolidated in 2015 to give federal agency acquisition professionals the ability to obtain total contract solutions for their professional services requirements using one contract vehicle.
Why use the PSS?
PSS gives federal agencies the ability to use a single contract to procure simple to complex fixed-price or labor-hour professional services. When using PSS to acquire the professional services, agencies can:
- Use simplified acquisition procedures to issue a Request for Quotation (RFQ) using either your agency’s solicitation system or GSA’s eBuy solicitation system, or issue an RFQ directly to contractors using your agency’s procedures.
- Allow unique Contractor Team Arrangements to bring a wide variety of industry partners to the negotiating table.
- Customize terms and conditions in task orders – or through Blanket Purchase Agreements – to meet specific requirements.
- Be assured that required FAR terms and conditions are incorporated into the contract.
- Ensure adequate participation by small businesses, including setting aside RFQs for various socioeconomic subgroups.
- Save time by using the streamlined procurement procedures of FAR Subpart 8.4.