IT Services and Products for Legacy Integration Support
Agencies with legacy security systems often must economically phase in new systems that upgrade software, automate manual functions, add data-input devices and improve functionality. Use these solutions to support the technology backbone of your security needs.
Physical security covers physical or protective measures designed to safeguard personnel, facilities, national borders, and critical infrastructure. These programs will help prevent unauthorized access to materials and documents, and safeguard against terrorism, espionage, sabotage, damage, weapons of mass destruction, and theft.
Your Agency Has Unique Needs. GSA Offers Many Solutions
Federal agencies have unique missions, run different systems, and operate purchasing plans with diverse levels of contracting expertise. In response, GSA offers a variety of purchasing programs to fit each agency’s requirements. Also, purchasers can call upon GSA’s office of specialists who will customize a program for their agency.
Find the Right Vendors and Best Prices - Multiple Award Schedules
GSA’s Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) program offers more than 12 million high-quality products and services at volume-discount prices from thousands of vendors. Agency purchasers can use MAS to efficiently craft a comprehensive security solution.
Vendors Working Together - Contractor Team Arrangements
Consider a Contractor Team Arrangement (CTA) when no single vendor can meet all your security needs. Contractors join a CTA to combine their supplies and/or services to provide a total security solution.
Convenient, No Hassle Reordering - Blanket Purchase Agreements
Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) allow agencies to use a single refillable contract instead of making time-consuming and repetitive individual purchases. Consider a BPA to reduce contracting and open market costs, cut paperwork, and save time.
A Custom-Made Solution - Assisted Acquisition Services
GSA’s Assisted Acquisition Services group offers fee-based scalable support with its technical, financial, and project management resources. The Assisted Acquisition team will create the information technology and services program that works for your agency.
A list of the Schedule contracts relevant to IT services and products is identified below.
- 51 509 Network Connectivity Support Services
- 412 14 Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- 132 3 Leasing of Products
- 132 4 Daily/Short Term Rental
- 132 8 Purchase of Equipment
- 132 32 Term Software License
- 132 33 Perpetual Software License
- 132 34 Maintenance of Software
- 132 50 Classroom Training
- 132 51 Information Technology Services
- 132 52 Electronic Commerce Services
- 132 53 Wireless Services
- 132 60 Access Certificates for Electronic Services (ACES) Program
- 132 60A Electronic Credentials, Not Identity Proofed (Assurance Level 1 OMB M-04-04) Managed Service Offering
- 132 60B Electronic Credentials, Identity Proofed (Assurance Level 2 OMB M-04-04) Managed Service Offering
- 132 60C Digital Certificates, including ACES (Assurance Level 3 and 4 / OMB M-04-04)
- 132 60D E-authentication Hardware Token
- 132 60E Identity and Access Management Professional Services
- 132 61 Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Shared Service Providers (PKI SSP) Program
- 132 62 Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) Product and Service Components
- 246 60 1 Security Systems Integration and Design Services