Government Travel & Lodging in Emergencies
The second generation Emergency Lodging Services (ELS) Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) was awarded to Corporate Lodging Consultants (CLC) and became effective for use on September 7, 2010, with four one-year renewal options. The ELS BPA offers secure accommodations, housing and ancillary services for federal agencies, state, and local governments as well as first responders. The BPA may be utilized for relief/emergency support personnel, displaced disaster/emergency victims and Continuity of Operations (COOP) events.
CLC was awarded the initial ELS program BPA in 2005 in response to Hurricane Katrina. Since its inception, the ELS program has accommodated user agencies with an array of services as well as over 28.2 million room nights at thousands of hotels and apartments across the United States and its territories.
The ELS BPA provides the following services:
- Locates and sources temporary housing with a single call to CLC;
- Negotiated discounted rates;
- Dedicated phone line for GSA BPA at 1(800) 321-0455;
- Audit and reporting trail; and
- Blocked rooms for personnel during a COOP event.
The BPA contains a unilateral right to add additional users at no additional cost.
To join the program, past and prospective users should examine eligibility requirements, and other relative information noted below and act accordingly:
- Emergency Lodging Blanket Purchase Agreement
- Ordering Instructions for Emergency Lodging
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Federal Preparedness Circular 65 for COOP Lodging
Authorized users of the ELS Program can place orders for emergency lodging needs or temporary housing nationwide with a single call to the Emergency Lodging Hotline at 1(800) 321-0455 or go to the contractor's website (nongovernment website).