GSA encourages vendors with commercial products, not available through the federal supply system, to offer items to federal agencies by including them in the GSA Schedules Program.
To simplify the process of adding new products, a Special Item Number (SIN) for Introduction of New Products/Services is on every Multiple Award Schedule.
Steps to offer a new item:
- Review existing GSA Schedules and SINs;
- If no existing SIN covers the product, decide which Schedule most closely aligns with the item;
- Download a copy of the Solicitation for the selected Schedule from the FedBizOpps website;
- Complete the Solicitation;
- Gather documentation required by the Solicitation including:
- Price lists (marked to identify the items offered under the new item SIN); and
- Test certifications or reports demonstrating compliance with applicable industry standards
- Submit the Solicitation and documentation per instructions.
Offers will be reviewed by contracting and technical personnel to ensure completeness, that the item is suitable for the Schedule and that appropriate testing has been conducted. GSA may decide that a different Multiple Award Schedule is more appropriate, and transfer the offer from one Schedule to another. The contract specialist will contact the company regarding any missing information or to negotiate the contract terms.
Questions about offering new items should be directed to the contract personnel listed for the specific Schedule the new product would fall under.