Monroe Post Office and US Courthouse
The Monroe Federal Building and Courthouse at 201 Jackson Street, Monroe, Louisiana is located in the downtown Monroe Historic District, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The entrance to the courthouse faces Jackson Street, and there is public parking on many of the surrounding streets.
Tenants with any facility related questions, concerns or requests, should contact GSA's Louisiana Service Center using the contact information provided at the upper right.
The courthouse is a four-story building comprised of over 45,000 square feet, and was built in 1933 by the Works Progress Administration, a U.S. government work force consisting of citizens that were out of work. These men used A-model vehicles to hoist sandstone, brick and mortar to construct this structure. The original inside walls were made of plaster, most of which has been replaced by gypsum wallboard.