GSA Telecenters Offer 60-Day Trial
January 26, 2004
Contact: Viki Reath (202) 501-1231
WASHINGTON – Starting Feb. 1, federal employees who are first-time users may sign up for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) 60-day free trial offer at GSA’s 15 metropolitan Washington telecenters. The offer ends March 31.
Typically, telecenters are closer to home than federal workplaces, providing alternatives for workers who want to reduce commuting time, while continuing to work in an office environment.
“These centers are effective tools to facilitate telework and help agencies achieve the mandated telework goals set forth in Public Law 106-346,” said GSA Administrator Stephen A. Perry. “Additionally, these centers may provide agencies with an effective means for distributing their workforces to enhance homeland security and continue government operations during emergency situations.”
Telecenter amenities include:
- Computer and telephone services.
- Fax, copier and other office machines.
- Meeting rooms.
- Onsite technical assistance staff.
Telecenter locations/phone numbers:
- Bowie State University, (301) 860-4939.
- Frederick, (301) 698-2700.
- Hagerstown, (301) 745-5601.
- Southern Maryland, (301) 934-7628, includes Calvert, Prince Frederick, Waldorf.
- Laurel, (301) 470-0560.
- Northern Virginia, (703) 367-3000, includes FairfaxCity, Herndon, Sterling.
- Manassas, (703) 367-3000.
- Fredericksburg, (540) 710-5001, includes Spotsylvania and Stafford.
- Woodbridge, (703) 878-8500.
- Winchester, (540) 678-1909.
- Jefferson County, (304) 728-3051.
Information on GSA’s 60-day-free-special is available under Telework Centers at www.telework.gov.
GSA is a centralized federal procurement, property management, and policy agency, created by Congress to improve government efficiency and help federal agencies better serve the public. It acquires, on behalf of federal agencies, office space, equipment, telecommunications, information technology, supplies and services. It also plays a key role in developing and implementing government-wide policies. GSA’s 13,000 associates provide services and solutions for the office operations of more than one million federal workers located in more than 8,000 government-owned and leased buildings in 2,000 U.S. communities.