Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse
The Hipolito F. Garcia Federal Building and U.S. Courthouse is located 615 East Houston Street in San Antonio's central business district near the Alamo. The building was named after Federal District Court Judge Garcia who passed away in January of 2002.
Built in 1937, the building is a six-story, neo-classical, Beaux-Arts style federal building with over 230,000 rentable square feet. Learn more about the historical information of this building, which is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
A major renovation project worth over $30 million is planned for completion in 2010. This project will make the building more usable for occupants. After the project is completed, the San Antonio Post Office and Courthouse will house the Bankruptcy Courts, executive agencies, and the U.S. Post Office.
GSA clients with any facility related questions, concerns or requests, should contact the South Central Texas Service Center, using the contact information provided on the upper right.