Skip to main content

Judge Isaac C. Parker Federal Building and Courthouse

The Judge Isaac C. Parker Federal Building and Courthouse is located at South 6th Street and Rogers Avenue in Fort Smith, Arkansas. The building was built in 1937 and was formerly known as the Fort Smith U.S. Post Office and Courthouse. Learn more historical information about this building, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. 

In the 1870s, Fort Smith became the location of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas. The court held extensive power over its jurisdiction for many years.

Today, the building houses the Federal District Court and other federal agencies, and continues to prevail as a symbol of the city's judicial heritage.

 

CONTACTS

Arkansas/East Texas Service Center
(501) 324-5285


courts,us,u.s.,federal,court,courthouse,house,houses,courthouses,Western District of Arkansas,fort,Smith,Post Office,pob,fob,offices,Marshals,Service,District,office