Moving, Shipping and Transportation Services
Agencies moving their offices that want to self-manage their move should check out GSA's self-service solution, Schedule 48, Office Relocation, SIN 653-8. Agencies can also outsource their move, counting on GSA to handle everything. The GSA Special Services Transportation and Relocation Team provides complete relocation and related services to agencies throughout the National Capital Region. A Relocation Specialist will be assigned as your representative and coordinator throughout the duration of your relocation. The Specialist will oversee every aspect of the move from the origin to the new destination.
The GSA Relocation Specialist can plan and coordinate the following services:
- Install equipment and system furniture at new location
- Inventory everything included in the relocation
- Organize move into phases as required
- Provide government estimates
- Order and deliver boxes or containers
- Pack equipment and files
- Label boxes
- Coordinate telephones and other IT equipment transfers
- Ensure delivery to appropriate location (floor, room number, cubicle)
- Perform relocations at any time of day or night
- Arrange for dedicated elevators and entrances
Federal/Military Employee Transfers
When a federal or military employee has been assigned a permanent change of station, GSA offers two relocation solutions:
Employees that want to self-manage their move can benefit from heavily discounted rates on household goods transportation costs through GSA's Centralized Household Goods Traffic Management Program (CHAMP). Schedule 48, Relocation Service Package, Home Sale Services, SIN 653-1 and Property Management, SIN 653-2 offers big savings.
Employees seeking a fully outsourced solution, including move management and relocation packages, should check out GSA's Employee Relocation Services. Home marketing and sales services, move management services and household goods shipment are offered. For more information, call Therese Onukwubiri at (301) 636-1710.