GSA's Rocky Mountain Region's Historic Preservation Office is committed to providing customers with excellent service relating to all aspects of preservation. This includes changes to historic properties, that due to federal historic preservation laws, mandate federal consultation with Native American tribal government. The laws include:
- The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act (NAGPRA)
- The Archeological Resources Protection Act (ARPA)
- The American Indian Religious Freedom Act (AIRFA)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Archeological Documentation
- National Environmental Policy Act of 1969
- The National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA)
Executive orders regarding the federal government’s unique policies and relationship with Native American tribal governments include:
- Executive Order 13175 Consultation and Coordination with Indian Tribal Governments
- Executive Order 13007 Protection and Accommodation of Access to "Indian Sacred Sites"
Those interested in learning more can browse GSA's Detailed Information on Tribal Consultation.