Getting Goods and Services Online from GSA
This content is kept online for historical reference and is no longer updated. Links may be broken and content may be inaccurate and/or out of date.
Posted January 17, 2007
As the most diverse and innovative federal marketplace in the world, GSA is the go-to-agency for citizens as well as buyers at federal and state agencies. GSA continuously improves specialized systems to make it easy for all kinds of customers to buy and bid on hundreds of thousands of products and services.
For the public, an online transformation has created systems that sell billions of dollars worth of surplus or forfeited property. GSA Auctions® is fully web-enabled to allow registered participants to bid on a single item or multiple items. GSA’s personal property auctions as well as real estate auctions are now included in the newly created GovSales.gov, which continues to add surplus stock from other federal agencies all the time.
For government agency buyers who need critical products and services, GSA is like a mega-department store online. From buying office supplies to leasing federal office space, GSA has made it easy for customers by offering these online sites:
- GSAAdvantage – Procurement officials get an online shopping and ordering system with more than 10 million products and services at the best prices.
- GSA Global Supply – For any workplace, this one-stop, requisition-based ordering system offers global delivery and easy compliance..
- GSA Real Estate Services – Agencies can count on GSA's experts to provide them with world class workspace through leasing, renovating or constructing new buildings.
- Real Estate Disposal – GSA disposes of federal property that is no longer needed by federal, state and local governments.
- AutoChoice – An online ordering tool for the federal government and the Department of Defense.
- Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) – These offer the latest information technology from the best companies with the lowest prices.
- Technology Contracts – Customers can choose a variety of value-added support and expertise in the acquisition of telecommunications services and equipment in addition to security and management services.
- The National Customer Service Center (NCSC) – The source for information on any of the products or services available from GSA. The NCSC is a full service center providing assistance and information to make acquisitions simple and efficient.
- Introduction to the Disposal of Federal Property – See the variety of property disposal programs and systems available.
- For federal buyers who want to get printed catalogs and publications of items that GSA sells, they are available through the Centralized Mailing List Service, which can be accessed and ordered online.