These Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and GSA documents explain how to use SmartBUY and how it affects software acquisitions.
- SmartBUY blanket purchase agreement (BPA) template [DOC - 251 KB]
Sample SmartBUY agreement template for industry partners.
- Electronic Records Management Tools [PDF - 55 KB]
Encourages agencies to use SmartBUY’s records management software agreement to comply with federal records management mandates.
- Oracle SmartBUY Agreement [PDF - 75 KB]
OMB memo announcing the agreement with Oracle USA, Inc.
- SmartBUY Waiver Process [DOC - 38 KB]
GSA will notify federal agencies 30 days before we are about to award a new SmartBUY contract. After that, agencies are expected to refrain from entering into agreements within that market category, line of business, or the identified software title without a waiver from GSA. This document describes the process to request a waiver.
- Interim SmartBUY Procedures [PDF - 22 KB]
Directions for agencies to use while the SmartBUY program ramps up. Agencies should use SmartBUY for all software requirements covered by a specific agreement, check with GSA before entering into other agreements, and notify GSA of any upcoming large software purchases.
- Maximizing Use of SmartBUY and Avoiding Duplication of Agency Activities with the President's 24 E-Gov Initiatives [PDF - 85 KB]
Clarifies what agencies should do to prepare for SmartBUY, including: 1. Giving GSA a list of upcoming software acquisitions. 2. Ask to renegotiate current software contracts to include yearly options.
- Bush Administration Moves to Get Volume Discounts on Software [PDF - 87 KB]
OMB’s announcement of the SmartBUY software initiative and its anticipated benefits.
- Reducing Cost and Improving Quality in Federal Purchases of Commercial Software [PDF - 46 KB]
Establishes the SmartBUY initiative.