Online Defensive Driving Course
The National Safety Council's Online Defensive Driving Course is a four-hour course designed to provide convenient training on a personal computer. Using state-of-the-art animation and graphics, the online defensive driving course offers an engaging, interactive learning environment for Fleet customers to analyze real driving situations, spot driving hazards, and identify the correct defenses. GSA's Office of Motor Vehicle Management offers this training free of charge to GSA Fleet customers. Upon completion, students receive a Water Marked certificate from the National Safety Council that, in many states, can be used to lower automobile insurance rates. More than 65 million drivers have learned to protect themselves on the road by taking part in National Safety Council programs.
Notice to Fleet Customers
The ninth (9th) and latest edition of the course is now available! The new course is comparably easier to navigate, more interactive, and includes up-to-date information on all aspects of driver safety, with a focus on distraction (cell phone and texting) and drunk driving, among other important aspects of defensive driving. Students will receive safety training relative to their specific age group and location within the United States (focused on weather training and up-to-date state laws). Throughout the course, students are able to print fact sheets and tips for safe driving. Feedback from previous editions of this course has been very positive, and this new edition has proven to be even more successful. Graduates of this course will need to retake it every three years to maintain their certification.
It's Fast, Easy, and Free!
Instructions for New Students
- Go to http://drivethru.fas.gsa.gov/
- Select the link for Defensive Driving Course located on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Enter your GSA Fleet customer number and agency email address.
- You will be presented with a registration page (ensure your pop-up blocker is disabled). Fill in all your information, including a login ID and a password of your choice, then click on Submit. You will receive a confirmation email, including the user name and password you created originally for access to the site.
- Select Safety located on the My Place page.
- On the My Courses page, select the NSC Defensive Driving Course 9th Edition to begin the course.
For course FAQs, visit our GSA Fleet Defensive Driving Course, FAQs page.
If you are a returning student, select this link www.safetyserve.com/gsafleet to log in.