Short Term Rentals (STR)
GSA Fleet Short Term Rentals (STR) program supplies vehicles and equipment to all federal agencies to fulfill short term and temporary needs. GSA handles the procurement, so you can quickly obtain the resources you need to complete your mission. For seasonal work, special events, or surge requirement -- the STR program has the vehicles and equipment to meet your needs.
Note: STRs can not be used for travel proposes.
Requesting Vehicles or Equipment
Vehicle and equipment requests may be submitted via WebSTR. In addition to submitting requests you can track requests, accept quotes and view rental histories.
New users of the system will need to register before placing a request. A GSA Billing Office Account Code (BOAC) is required for registration. If you do not have a BOAC, you can request one through the STR Office. It may take up to two weeks to set up a new BOAC.
Benefits of STR:
- GSA handles the entire procurement process;
- Every request is competed to obtain the lowest rate possible;
- There is no limit on the number of drivers;
- An online request system is available 24/7;
- For GSA Fleet leasing customers charges will appear as a separate line item on the monthly bill;
- Eliminate ownership and maintenance costs for vehicles/equipment used infrequently;
- Always have the right equipment for the mission;
- Fuel cards are available; and
- Rentals are tax exempt and a Government Administrative Rate Supplement (GARS) does not apply in most states.
Note: For a complete list of vehicles and equipment, see the ceiling rates below.
FY16 STR Equipment Ceiling Rates [PDF - 188KB].
FY16 STR Vehicle Ceiling Rates [PDF - 70KB].
The shortcut for this page is http://www.gsa.gov/str