Administrator Doan Helps Dedicate New Courthouse in Orlando
Lurita Alexis Doan
U.S. General Services Administration
Orlando Courthouse Annex
September 21, 2007
Thank you Judge Fawsett.
Good morning, ladies and gentlemen.
It is with great pleasure and enormous pride that I represent President Bush and the U.S. General Services Administration today at the dedication of this splendid courthouse annex.
- To Justice Thomas;
- Chief Judge Fawsett;
- And Chief Judge Edmondson;
- To members of the Florida Congressional Delegation;
- To all of my GSA employees who worked so diligently on this great building;
- And to all the other esteemed jurists, colleagues and friends of the court:
This event marks an historic occasion for Orlando, the state of Florida, and for our nation.
We’re here to express deep appreciation to all those who worked so hard to help us reach this special day … And to extend best wishes to those who will work to administer justice within the walls of this building – both now and in the years to come.
GSA is proud to provide world-class facilities to the Federal Judiciary as our judges help decide the critical issues of the day. The Judiciary is one of the fundamental pillars of American society, as well as one of GSA’S most important customer agencies.
Working collaboratively with many talented individuals and organizations, GSA has replaced an aging facility with a state-of-the-art courthouse that:
- Serves the needs of the 11th Circuit;
- Meets our highest security standards;
- Adds a jewel to downtown Orlando that we hope will touch off an enormous wave of new development;
- And proves that when committed people pool our talents and work in close cooperation – as we did here – extraordinary success is the result.
Before I yield the podium, I have a presentation to make to commemorate the superb partnership that GSA enjoyed with the courts throughout this project.
As I do so, let me remind you that GSA’s work does not end with this ceremony. Our mission is to enable the Judiciary to do its work without having to worry about any aspect of the facility, providing future care in a manner that will not only support the operations of the court, but do so in a manner that will make us all proud.
It is now my pleasure to present these small tokens of our appreciation.
Judge Patricia Fawsett and Judge Anne Conway, would you please come forward.
On behalf of GSA, on behalf of President Bush and on behalf of the American people, congratulations and best wishes for the future.
Thank you very much.