WITS 3 Background Information
WITS 3 replaces the WITS2001 contract, which expired January 2008. WITS 3 provides continuity of existing local telecommunications services to federal agencies in GSA's National Capital Region (NCR). Background and historical information on the WITS 3 acquisition process is provided below.
WITS 3 Acquisition Strategy Overview
- WITS 3 Final Request for Proposal (RFP) released: January 2007;
- WITS 3 contract awarded: November 2007; and
- Transition activities: Spring 2009 – Fall 2009.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 15 negotiated award(s) contract;
- Best value source selection process;
- Functional based requirements;
- Multiple awards with the number of awards dependent on the quality of offers;
- Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ), firm fixed price contracts;
- Base period of four (4) years with 4 one-year options;
- Contract ceiling is $1.8 Billion;
- Potential vendors required to propose mandatory voice services to qualify for an award;
- Voice service specified in a functional manner so potential vendors offered the flexibility to meet voice requirements with traditional or emerging technologies;
- Vendors had flexibility to determine the extent of their service coverage within the geographic boundaries of NCR - but will be required at a minimum, to provide service in areas they support commercially;
- Telecommunication support services and voice related customer premise equipment required; and
- Data services are optional - the government will define and specify a set of data services.