Energy Management Support and Services
The demand for energy efficiency in federal buildings is on the rise as the whole nation is striving to reduce its energy consumption. Adhering to the legislation and policy addressing energy conservation can be a challenge. The Energy Management Solutions on Schedule 03FAC provide highly qualified energy contractors that offer a full suite of services such as:
- Comprehensive energy management;
- Energy audits and baseline assessments;
- Metering and advanced metering services;
- Building commissioning;
- Energy management training;
- Water conservation;
- Turn-key renewable energy solutions;
- Resource Efficiency Management;
- Bill auditing and consolidation; and
- LEED consulting, sustainability and carbon management, and assistance with developing energy project statements of work.
One of the first steps in your procurement is developing your Statement of Work (SOW). In it you are articulating the needs and requirements of your agency in a concise, focused way. To help you, we turned to industry experts and asked them to provide samples of SOW’s that they felt were among the best. This SOW Library collection will continue to grow as our industry partners provide us with additional examples to share. The FMHAC has over 100 SOWs that cover a variety of our energy service offerings listed below. Feel free to contact us to discuss the ones that are best suited for your project.
A list of the Schedule contracts relevant to Energy Management and Audit Services are identified below.
|871 202||Energy Management and Planning|
A four (4) phase Comprehensive Energy Management Solution consisting of all four phases of an energy project could pertain to a variety of energy projects that include, but are not limited to, renewable energy and sustainable energy. The phases are:
- Consulting/Auditing/Energy Management Solutions;
- Concept Development and Requirements Analysis;
- Implementation and Change Management; and
- Measurement and Verification.
|871 203||Training on Energy Management|
- Reducing energy consumption;
- Mitigating risk with energy systems;
- Operating systems efficiently; and
- Making energy efficient system choices.
|871 204||Metering Services|
- Basic and advanced metering services;
- Installation of metering equipment and software; and
- Analysis of data to ensure energy conservation goals are being met.
|871 205||Energy Program Support Services|
- Management oversight; and
- Assistance in preparing energy services related agency statements of work.
|871 206||Building Commissioning Services|
- Comprehensive building commissioning services on new construction;
- Major modernization projects;
- Existing energy consuming buildings and facilities; and
- This includes re-commissioning and retro-commissioning services.
|871 207||Energy Audit Services|
- Developing, executing, and reporting on audit plans;
- Perform energy and water audit services;
- Data collection, data analysis, benchmarking with tools such as Energy Star; and
- Written recommendations of suggested infrastructure upgrades.
|871 208||Resources Efficiency Management (REM)|
- Providing information on possible steps that will improve energy efficiency;
- Information on estimates of cost savings and environmental benefits;
- Onsite analysis of current operations, equipment, and energy purchasing patterns; and
- Services of a resource efficiency advocate for individual or aggregated building(s) in order to maximize resource efficiency.
|871 209||Innovations in Renewable Energy|
- Innovative approaches to renewable and/or sustainable energy, sustainability services, and energy management technology and services;
- New developments or improvements in providing renewable energy (fuel cell) and managing energy;
- Innovations capable of providing renewable and/or sustainable energy and services; and
- Sustainability and carbon management solutions.
|871 210||Water Conservation|
- Potable water consumption intensity;
- Industrial, landscaping and agricultural
- Promoting, and implementing water reuse/recycling strategies;
- Retention of water,Improvement of water quality and water flow;
- Storm water run-off and property hydrology maintenance and restoration;
- Facility Water audits, water consultation, water balance; and
- Water system analysis.
|871 211||Energy Consulting Services|
Services include expert advice, assistance, guidance or counseling on energy related projects or initiatives to assist agencies in adhering to energy legislation and policy such as EPACT 2005, Executive Orders 13423 and 13514:
- Energy management or strategy;
- Energy program planning and evaluations;
- Energy related studies, analyses, benchmarking and reporting such as feasibility studies, vulnerability assessments, and energy security;
- Assistance in meeting energy efficient building standards such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED), Green Globes and Energy Star;
- Advisory services in obtaining alternative financing for energy projects such as Energy Savings Performance Contracts, Power Purchase Agreements or Enhanced Use Leases;
- Consulting on carbon emissions trading programs;
- Consulting on where to obtain renewable energy credits/certificates;
- Consulting on greenhouse gas measurement and management;
- Strategic sustainability performance planning;
- Implementation, testing and evaluation of networked energy management systems and services that utilize Internet Protocol - Next Generation (IPv6); and
- Consulting on obtaining high performance sustainable buildings.
|871 299||Introduction of New Services|
A new service can be a task, procedure, or product existing in the commercial market which is being developed, improved, or not yet introduced to the Federal Government. New services that are on the way.
Energy efficient buildings certification programs such as Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) may be included in all these definitions.
Find the Right Vendors and Best Prices - Multiple Award Schedules
GSA’s Multiple Award Schedules (MAS) program offers more than 12 million high-quality products and services at volume-discount prices from thousands of vendors. Agency purchasers can use MAS to efficiently craft a comprehensive facilities solution.
Vendors Working Together - Contractor Team Arrangements
Consider a Contractor Team Arrangement (CTA) when no single vendor can meet all your facilities needs. Contractors join a CTA to combine their supplies and/or services to provide a total facilities solution.
Convenient, No Hassle Reordering - Blanket Purchase Agreements
Blanket Purchase Agreements (BPAs) allow agencies to use a single refillable contract instead of making time-consuming and repetitive individual purchases. Consider a BPA to reduce contracting and open market costs, cut paperwork, and save time.
A Custom-Made Solution - Assisted Acquisition Services
GSA’s Assisted Acquisition Services group offers fee-based scalable support with its technical, financial, and project management resources. The Assisted Acquisition team will create the information technology and services program that works for your agency.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/energyservices.