GobiernoUSA.gov Introduces Spanish Tutorials for Online Government Information
GSA’s Latest Effort Helps Make Web Portal’s Most Popular Features an Easier Ride
March 18, 2008
Contact: Lindsey Willis (202) 501-1231
WASHINGTON — GobiernoUSA.gov, the U.S. government’s official Spanish-language web portal, today launched eight online tutorials, the U.S. General Services Administration announced.
With Census estimates indicating there are more than 44 million Hispanics in the U.S., the tutorials provide another example how this important segment of the population can more easily access important government information and services on the Internet.
Similar to the English-language tutorials already available on USA.gov, the free, online tutorials are available in Flash and text-based versions and are only minutes long. Each displays step-by-step directions and a series of screenshots of GobiernoUSA.gov and other government Web sites accompanied by voice narration. The topics for the tutorials were chosen to facilitate the navigation of some of GobiernoUSA.gov’s most popular features, such as:
- Get It Done Online (Servicios por Internet) – instructions on how to complete government tasks online;
- Stay Informed (Actualizaciones gratis) – how to receive e-mail updates and RSS feeds to keep up with the latest on government services and information;
- Reach Government Contacts (Contactos) –how to find and communicate with government agencies, international organizations and embassies;
- Search Government Information (BuscadorUSA.gov) – ways of using the search function to find information from government web sites;
- Welcome to the U.S. (Recién llegados) – how to find government information of particular interest to new immigrants and visitors; and
- Open or Expand Your Business (Empresarios) – how to find government loans and tools designed for small business owners.
GobiernoUSA.gov is managed by GSA’s Office of Citizen Services and Communications.
All available tutorials are available at http://www.usa.gov/gobiernousa/ayuda/toursvirtuales/index.shtml
GSA provides a centralized delivery system of products and services to the federal government, leveraging its enormous buying power to get the best value for taxpayers.
• Founded in 1949, GSA manages more than one-fourth of the government’s total procurement dollars and influences the management of $500 billion in federal assets, including 8,600 government-owned or leased buildings and 208,000 vehicles.
• GSA helps preserve our past and define our future, as a steward of more than 425 historic properties, and as manager of USA.gov, the official portal to federal government information and services.
• GSA’s mission to provide superior workplaces, expert technology solutions, acquisition services, purchasing and E-Gov travel solutions and management policies, at best value, allows federal agencies to focus on their core missions.