Skip to main content

State and Local Wildland Firefighters

GSA to Transfer Fire Program to DLA
As part of a comprehensive Supply Transformation initiative, GSA is collaborating with the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) to transfer the Wildland Fire program to DLA. The Wildland Fire overview page displays key documents and program updates to help customers prepare for a smooth transition. As additional details become available, that site will be updated. 

Online Billing: January 2014 was the last month in which GSA Global Supply mailed paper copies of the bills for customers. To learn more about viewing online bills, see Paperless Billing from GSA.

Note: This change does not impact customers using a government purchase card, only those using an AAC/DoDAAC (or equivalent) to order supplies.

New Customers Note:  The file Instructions for State and Local Fire Customers provides a brief overview of key concepts of interest to new state and local users of GSA's Wildland Fire program. Learn about payment methods, ordering options and how best to use GSA's online resources.

State and local organizations wishing to purchase wildland fire supplies from GSA must first enter into a cooperative agreement, thereby obtaining "sponsorship" from their state. It is the decision of the State Forester and ultimately the Forest Service to grant sponsorship to a requesting organization.

The cooperative agreement must be approved prior to assignment of an Activity Address Code (AAC). Once the AAC is requested by the Forest Service and assigned by GSA, the state or local customer is authorized to buy directly from GSA.

The first step in obtaining such an agreement is to contact the state's Federal Excess Personal Property (FEPP) program coordinator.