GSA Issues Energy Management and Support Services Contract
October 29, 2008
Contact: Robert Lesino (202) 501-1231
WASHINGTON – The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) announced today a new GSA Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) contract providing energy management support services for federal agencies.
The contract provides support services to meet Presidential initiatives to strengthen environmental, energy and transportation conservation goals.
On Jan. 24, 2007, President George W. Bush signed Executive Order 13423, setting goals in the areas of energy efficiency, acquisition, renewable energy, reducing toxics, recycling, renewable energy, sustainable buildings, electronics stewardship, fleets, and water conservation. In addition, the order requires more widespread use of environmental management systems as the framework to manage and continually improve these sustainable practices.
“EO 13423 was a tremendous step toward environmental responsibility governmentwide,” said Tyree Varnado, Acting Commissioner for GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service. “At GSA, we continue to strive to make it easier for all government agencies to comply. GSA’s affiliated contractors can provide the services and expertise needed to facilitate energy management in government buildings, ranging from preliminary energy audits to comprehensive full-service energy management solutions.”
All contractors on the contract have undergone an offer and award evaluation process, as well as a compliance review related to various labor laws and socio-economic considerations. As a result, ordering agencies don’t have to repeat these steps.
Energy management support services offered under this schedule contract include:
• Energy Audit Services
• Energy Management Program Support, Planning and Strategies
• Water Audits, Management and Conservation Solutions
• Resource Efficiency Management and Training
• Innovative Renewable Energy Solutions
• Building Commissioning Services
• Metering and Advanced Metering Services
The contract makes it faster and easier to develop “green” buildings that rate favorably with Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) standards, as designated by the U.S. Green Building Council.
GSA provides a centralized delivery system of products and services to the federal government, leveraging its enormous buying power to get the best value for taxpayers.
• Founded in 1949, GSA manages more than one-fourth of the government’s total procurement dollars and influences the management of $500 billion in federal assets, including 8,600 government-owned or leased buildings and 208,000 vehicles.
• GSA helps preserve our past and define our future, as a steward of more than 420 historic properties, and as manager of USA.gov, the official portal to federal government information and services.
• GSA’s mission to provide superior workplaces, expert technology solutions, acquisition services, purchasing and E-Gov travel solutions and manage
Did You Know? An Environmental Specialty Category has been added to GSAAdvantage!® online shopping experience. The Environmental Specialty Category allows federal buyers with direct access to our variety of product
offerings that contain environmental attributes, including energy efficient products.