Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building
1240 East Ninth St.
Cleveland, OH 44199
The Anthony J. Celebrezze Federal Building was constructed in 1966 and named after Anthony J. Celebrezze, former mayor of Cleveland, Cabinet Secretary, and federal judge.
The 32-story office building is located in the northeast section of downtown Cleveland's central business district.
Property Manager: Maureen K. Michael
For more building information or service calls, call the Celebrezze Service Desk using the information in the top right box on this page. For other federal government information, contact 1-800-FED-INFO.
Recovery Act Project Update
Recovery Act-funded roof and facade replacement began in October 2011. The Celebrezze project’s use of a double-wall facade replacement system (pictured under construction at left) is believed to be the single largest application in the United States.
"Green" energy-saving elements of the project also include increased water and energy conservation from the roof/facade improvements and modernization of various mechanical systems. The work is expected to be completed in 2015.
GSA completed a building renovation in 2009 that included plaza upgrades, installation of a new fire management system, and replacement of the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system.
Public Hours and Access The building is open to the public 8 a.m.– 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except federal holidays). All visitors must submit to security screening and present a valid identity card (such as a state driver's license or federal ID) before gaining access to the building.
Parking and Public Transportation A municipal parking garage is available north of the building along with various other public parking options nearby.
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority provides public transportation to Cleveland and the surrounding suburbs. A rail station is located just north of the building, and a bus stop is located to the east of the building.
- ATM - Cafeteria level
- Cafeteria - Lower level; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 6:30-10 a.m. and 11 a.m.- 2 p.m. (grill closes at 1:30 p.m.)
- Century Federal Credit Union - 7th floor; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Fed Kids Child Care Center - First floor lobby; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 6:30 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- FedEx and USPS Drop Boxes - Basement level next to the security checkpoint
- Fitness Center - Sub-Basement level, Room SB65
- Medical Clinic (FOH) - 3rd floor, Rm. 311; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.
- Navy Federal Credit Union - 26th floor; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8:15 a.m.- 4:15 p.m.
- Print and Copy Center (DLA) - Basement level, Rm. B-31; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 6 a.m.- 4 p.m.
- RAPIDS Location - 26th floor, Rm. 2679; Hours: Mon.-Wed. & Fri., 8 a.m.- 3:30 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.- Noon
- RTA Customer Service Kiosk - Cafeteria level
- U.S. Post Office - First floor lobby; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.- 4 p.m. (closed daily 11 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.)
- Vending Stands - First floor lobby and 12th floor; Hours: Mon.-Fri., 7 a.m.- 4 p.m. (vending machines located on several floors)
Conference Rooms The building has five conference rooms available with capacities ranging from 28 to 50 people. An auditorium with a capacity of 200 people is also available. These rooms feature TVs, VCRs, projection screens, and podiums. For reservations, contact the Celebrezze Service Desk using the contact information provided at the upper right of this page.
History and Architectural Features
The Celebrezze Federal Building is an example of a modern skyscraper expressed by its structural steel framework and glass curtain wall. The exterior perimeter walls of the first floor are composed of glass and granite panels. Granite dominates the building's lobby walls, floor, and outside plaza. Photo at left shows west elevation from East 6th Street, with southern bay of new facade completed.
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/ajcfb.