Policy & Guidance
RWA Customer Guidance & Resources:
- National Policy Document for Reimbursable Work Authorizations [PDF - 2.51 MB] January 2016: Disseminates the RWA National Policy Document, in its' entirety, with the goal of promoting clear and consistent understanding of the Reimbursable Services Program and governing policies.
- National Standard for Small Projects - Types of Cost Estimates [PDF - 36.23 KB]: These are the types of cost estimates which will be used when formulating a Summary Cost Estimate (SCE).
- RWA Checklist for Tenant Agencies [PDF - 79.45 KB]: Checklist intended to assist with ensuring customers have all of the information necessary to complete the required fields on the RWA Form.
Pilot & Laboratory/Study Guidance & Resources:
SOFA Pilot Study:
Expansion of the pilot program that allows RWAs to include furniture and other personal property items not "incidental" to a construction project, space build-out, or other repair or alteration project. Please note, the SOFA Pilot is not available for projects in leased facilities.
- Stand Alone Option for Furniture Acquisition Lab Expansion [PDF - 151.29 KB]
Multiple Buildings Pilot Study:
Study allowing the use of multiple buildings on a single F Type or N Type RWA, pursuant to certain parameters.
- Multiple Buildings on F&N Type RWAs - Pilot Extension [PDF - 398 KB]
- Multiple Buildings on F & N Type RWAs - Pilot Study and Guidance [PDF - 89.92 KB]
Year End Customer Letters:
Letters sent to customers providing guidelines for submission of RWAs as the fiscal year progresses and comes to a close. Failure to submit an RWA to GSA by the identified date(s) reduces, and in many cases, eliminates the likelihood GSA will accept the RWA in the current fiscal year.
- Civilian Agencies & Judiciary Year End Letter - FY15 [PDF - 59.35 KB]
- DoD Year End Letter - FY15 [PDF - 75.70 KB]
Overtime Utility Communications & Resources:
- Customer Guide to Additional Utility Services [PDF - 41.70 KB]: Explains the rationale of how GSA calculates the cost of additional utilities using a standardized tool.
- Client Letter- RWAs for Above Standard Services during a Continuing Resolution [PDF - 61.12 KB]: Memo from PBS Directors regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
- Customer Guidance for Overtime Utility Services under Continuing Resolution [PDF - 292.18 KB]: Memo from PBS Commissioner Robert A. Peck regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
Submitting an RWA to GSA
After working with a GSA PBS representative to develop your agency's requirements, you may email your signed RWA Form 2957 to the region where the project and/or service will be delivered. Regions 2, 4, 5, 7, and 10 have centralized mailboxes for this purpose. For other regions, submit your RWA to the PBS representative you worked with to develop your requirements. To locate a PBS representative for assistance, please contact the RWA Manager in the region where the work will be delivered.
|Region 2 (NY, NJ, Caribbean)||R2RWA@gsa.gov|
|Region 4 (GA, TN, NC, SC, KY, AL, MS, FL)||R04.RWA.Team@gsa.gov|
|Region 5 (IL, WI, MN, IN, MI, OH)||R5RWAPRInbox@gsa.gov|
|Region 7 (TX, NM, OK, AR, LA)||R7RWA@gsa.gov|
|Region 10 (WA, OR, ID, AK)||R10RWA@gsa.gov|
|For all other regions||RWA Manager|
The RWA Form now includes FPDS Funding Agency Code and FPDS Funding Office Code (Blocks 15A and 15B) to comply with Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements.
- To see the client letter regarding these changes, please reference Client Letter Memo [PDF - 17.06 KB].
- To reference the list of FPDS Codes available as of January 2015, please reference Government-wide FPDS Codes [XLSX - 1.01 MB].
For questions regarding the FPDS Funding Agency Code and FPDS Funding Office Code (Blocks 15A and 15B), please contact your Agency's FPDS Administrator or Michelle Coleman at email@example.com.