Policy & Guidance
RWA Customer Guidance & Resources:
- National Policy Document for Reimbursable Work Authorizations [PDF - 2.51 MB] January 2016: Disseminates the RWA National Policy Document, in its entirety, with the goal of promoting clear and consistent understanding of the Reimbursable Services Program and governing policies.
- National Standard for Small Projects - Types of Cost Estimates [PDF - 36.23 KB]: These are the types of cost estimates which will be used when formulating a Summary Cost Estimate (SCE).
- Standalone Option for Furniture Acquisition (SOFA) Program Guidance [PDF - 168 KB]: Program that allows RWAs to include furniture and other personal property items that are not "incidental" to a construction project, space build-out, or other repair or alteration project. Please note, the SOFA program is not available for projects in leased facilities.
- Attachment 1: FAS to PBS Menu of Assisted Acquisition Services [PDF - 57 KB]
- Multiple Buildings Guidance for F-Type and N-Type RWAs [PDF - 42 KB] Permanent Policy Guidance for using F-Type and N-Type RWAs with Multiple Buildings.
Year End Customer Letters:
Letters sent to customers providing guidelines for submission of RWAs as the fiscal year progresses and comes to a close. Failure to submit an RWA to GSA by the identified date(s) reduces, and in many cases, eliminates the likelihood GSA will accept the RWA in the current fiscal year.
- Civilian Agencies and Judiciary Year End Letter - FY16 [PDF - 7.03 MB]
- DoD Year End Letter - FY 16 [PDF - 5.58 MB]
Overtime Utility Communications & Resources:
- Customer Guide to Additional Utility Services [PDF - 41.70 KB]: Explains the rationale of how GSA calculates the cost of additional utilities using a standardized tool.
- Client Letter- RWAs for Above Standard Services during a Continuing Resolution [PDF - 61.12 KB]: Memo from PBS Directors regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
- Customer Guidance for Overtime Utility Services under Continuing Resolution [PDF - 292.18 KB]: Memo from PBS Commissioner Robert A. Peck regarding GSA reimbursement for Overtime Utility Services during a continuing resolution.
Submitting an RWA to GSA
After working with a GSA PBS representative to develop your agency's requirements, you may email your signed RWA Form 2957 to the region where the project and/or service will be delivered. Regions 2, 4, 5, 7, and 10 have centralized mailboxes for this purpose. For other regions, submit your RWA to the PBS representative you worked with to develop your requirements. To locate a PBS representative for assistance, please contact the RWA Manager in the region where the work will be delivered.
|Region 2 (NY, NJ, Caribbean)||R2RWA@gsa.gov|
|Region 4 (GA, TN, NC, SC, KY, AL, MS, FL)||R4pbsprojectportal@gsa.gov|
|Region 7 (TX, NM, OK, AR, LA)||R7RWA@gsa.gov|
|Region 10 (WA, OR, ID, AK)||R10RWA@gsa.gov|
|For all other regions||RWA Manager|
The RWA Form includes FPDS Funding Agency Code and FPDS Funding Office Code (Blocks 14A and 14B) to comply with Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements. For questions regarding these codes, including where to find your FPDS Administrators and information, please reference the Acquisitions website.