Federal Mail Best Practice Awards
Our Federal Mail Best Practice Awards Ceremony will honor Federal mail managers, teams, and employees. The Federal Mail Best Practice Awards are grouped as:
Federal Mail Manager/Team of the Year Award: Recognizes the mail manager and team who successfully improved mail centers. Improvements include innovations, policies, sustainability solutions and practices, implemented cost-effective measures and reduced costs, improved efficiency and effectiveness of their mail operations, and improved customer service.
Submissions will be accepted from January 18 - March 31, 2016.
Criteria to Address:
- Provide issue(s) being addressed.
- Describe improved efficiencies and effectiveness from old way of doing things.
- Data showing how changes benefit agency/mail center(s) and collection methodology.
- Describe changes/improvements to resources, human behavior, customer service, etc.
- Any expenses incurred in implementing the improved business practice and anticipated return on investment (ROI) – are changes expected to continue yearly?
Judges Panel: Approximately 3 – 5 judges from the Federal and Mailing Industry will review all submissions based on innovation, cost savings, and/or sustainability. Panel will start to review all submissions in April 2016.
Best Practice Presentation: The winners will be asked to make a presentation explaining their accomplishments at the annual Mail Education Forum. In FY16, this is taking place on June 9th at GSA, 1800 F Street, Washington DC 20405.
Awards Ceremony: The Awards Ceremony will be located at GSA, 1800 F Street, Washington DC 20405 anticipated in September 2016. Winners will be notified electronically by May 2016. Agency representatives and family members will be invited to the ceremony (as space allows).
- Announce Best Practices Award Program – January 31, 2016
- Select Judges - February 2016
- Submissions Received – January thru March 31, 2016
- Judges Review – April 2016
- Winners Notified – May 2016
- Mail Forum Presentation – June 9, 2016
- Awards Ceremony – September 2016 (anticipated)