San Ysidro Land Port of Entry
This vendor outreach event was held as part of HP’s efforts to support GSA’s commitment of ensuring small, veteran, service-disabled, minority and women-owned business are fairly represented and have a chance to be part of this large infrastructure project.About the event
With Phase 1 of the San Ysidro Land Port of Entry project now complete, the project is already starting to garner a lot of positive attention, winning architecture awards, engineering recognitions and sustainability accolades.About the project
San Ysidro LPOE will remain operational over the course of renovation and expansion.
Expect changes in normal traffic patterns and stay informed via these traffic advisories:
GSA understands the impact San Ysidro Land Port of Entry has in the local community. We foster close working relationships with community partners and stakeholders.
Community Representatives Committee - The CRC works with communities to solicit input and feedback about the project.
Historic Preservation - GSA, as the lead agency for the project, initiated the National Historic Preservation Act, Section 106 consultation.
Environmental Review - The Final Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement has been posted.
- Busiest Land Port of Entry in Western Hemisphere
- 50,000 northbound vehicles processed each day
- 25,000 northbound pedestrians cross each day
- Critical economic engine for San Diego - Tijuana region
Modernization and Expansion
- Modernize and expand existing port
- "Port of the Future" featuring sustainable design and technology
- 38 additional vehicle inspection booths
- Realigns portion of Interstate 5 to connect to El Chaparral
- Enhances U.S. Customs and Border Protection’s ability to conduct its mission
- Additional bidirectional pedestrian crossing and multimodal transit center
Scheduled Completion and Funding Status
- Phase 1: Summer 2016 (Fully Funded)
- Phase 2: Fall 2019 (Fully Funded)
- Phase 3: Fall 2018 (Fully Funded)
- Virginia Avenue Transit Center: Summer 2016
- Estimated project cost: $735 million
- Plus $6 million in ARRA funds
No traffic advisory currently in effect.
Drivers are advised to monitor posted signs and continue to use available lanes.
For the latest traffic conditions and wait time please call (619) 690-8999.
AVISO DE TRAFICO
Ningún aviso de tráfico actualmente en efecto.
Se les avisa a los conductores que sigan las señales de tráfico y utilicen los carriles disponibles.
Para obtener la información mas actualizada sobre las condiciones del trafico y el tiempo de espera llame al (619) 690-8999.