NCR's Network Services Division has introduced the new Washington Interagency Telecommunications System (WITS) 3 contract vehicle that includes a full suite of voice solutions, from basic local and long distance service to VoIP, cable installation, satellite, teleconferencing and audiovisual services, technical support and much more.
The WITS 3 site is designed to help customers choose from a variety of telecom services available to all the federal agencies in the National Capital Region (NCR). The WITS 3 contract offers agencies a better value with volume discount pricing due to its 831,000 federal customers.
- Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) Part 15 negotiated award(s) contract
- Best value source selection process
- Functional based requirements
- Multiple awards with the number of awards dependent on the quality of offers
- Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (IDIQ), firm fixed price contracts
- Base period of four (4) years with 4 one-year options
- Contract ceiling is $1.8 Billion
- Potential vendors required to propose mandatory voice services to qualify for an award
- Voice service specified in a functional manner so potential vendors offered the flexibility to meet voice requirements with traditional or emerging technologies
- Vendors had flexibility to determine the extent of their service coverage within the geographic boundaries of NCR - but will be required at a minimum, to provide service in areas they support commercially
- Telecommunication support services and voice related customer premise equipment required
- Data services are optional - the government will define and specify a set of data services.
- Customer Service contact (202) 708-7700
- Service Delivery and Technical Support contact Larry Sanders at (202) 260-6469.
- Emergency Response and Recovery, (202) 708-7700