How to Buy Through GSA
GSA – The federal government’s procurement expert – helps other federal agencies get the products, services, and consulting advice they need from federal and commercial sources. GSA provides and contracts for billions of dollars' worth of products and services for federal agencies. GSA also sells surplus federal property, such as vehicles, to the public.
What Federal Agencies Can Buy Through GSA
- A wide range of technology and other products and services directly from commercial providers;
- Highly discounted services such as long distance telecommunications, airfares, charge cards, and shipping services;
- IT acquisition and consulting services;
- Vehicles and fleet services; and
- Surplus government property.
Building-related offerings, such as office space and facilities management services, go to the Buildings & Real Estate tab. Explore the Product & Services tab, or review the following links for the full range of GSA product and service offerings..
Finding Products and Services
- Schedules – Also known as Multiple-Award Schedules (MAS), "Federal Supply Schedules (FSS)" or "GSA Schedules", these are the primary contract vehicles used for procurement and purchasing. Schedule categories can be explored at GSA eLibrary.
- GSA Global Supply – This requisition-based ordering program is available for office supplies, tools, computer products, safety gear, and cleaning products.
- Assisted Acquisition – Certified contracting, project management, and financial management professionals are available to assist agencies with acquisitions.
- Technology Programs – Solutions for complex technology procurement include IT Schedule Schedule 70, Network & Telecommunications Programs, and Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts, or GWACs.
- GSA Fleet & Automotive – GSA Automotive is the source for purchasing government vehicles, while GSA Fleet provides leasing opportunities.
- GSA Travel Programs – Superior travel solutions are available at very low cost.
- Personal Property Management – This service allows agencies to purchase items from other federal agencies and also dispose of unneeded personal property.
Many Ways to Buy
GSA offers customers many ways to purchase what they need. GSA simplifies federal procurement by negotiating large multi-user contracts and by leveraging the volume of the federal market to drive down prices. Federal agencies place orders against these contracts in many ways – through GSA customer representatives or catalogs, by phone or fax, charge cards, electronic requisitioning, in-person auctions, over the Internet, or by contacting suppliers directly.
Purchasing Resources and Tools
GSA Advantage! is an online shopping and ordering system providing access to thousands of contractors and millions of products and services.
GSA eLibrary provides detailed contract award information for Schedules, technology contracts, and more.
Agencies can also learn more about the Schedules acquisition process from the Ordering Guidelines page.
Additional purchasing and ordering resources: