Data Center Services
GSA offers a range of products and services and several BPA options to improve data center performance, and ensure your data centers support your mission effectively, even during an emergency.
We help agencies achieve their cost savings, environmental sustainability, cybersecurity, and consolidation goals through a suite of data center services, including:
- Business continuity and disaster recovery: Business recovery, business resumption, cloud-based disaster recovery and failover, contingency planning, crisis management facilities and services;
- Data center architecture: Facilities design (build/new and expand/retrofit) operational assessments;
- Data center operations: Day-to-day operations, monitoring and reporting, security;
- Data storage: Cloud-based storage, consulting/advisory services, day-to-day operations, implementation services, monitoring and report, product support services, security services, utility services; and
- Hosting and warehousing: Co-location complex, managed hosting, hosting in the cloud, shared hosting, simple managed hosting.
The federal government has over 2,000 data centers, requiring large investments in infrastructure, data storage, and services. The Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative asks agencies to consolidate at least 800 data centers by 2015.
You can satisfy your Cloud First and Data Center Consolidation mandates with one cloud computing acquisition through our Cloud Computing program office.
Commercial IT Products and Services Contracts
IT Schedule 70
IT Schedule 70 features over 5,000 industry partners offering a wide variety of commercial data center products and services:
- Product leasing;
- Daily or short-term rental of IT equipment;
- New equipment purchase;
- Used or refurbished equipment purchase;
- Professional IT services; and
- Self-certified data center service providers.
Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
The Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) blanket purchase agreement (BPA) allows agencies to get storage, virtual machines, and web hosting for lower prices.
The SmartBUY blanket purchase agreements (BPAs) offer commodity software and services at deep discounts, including:
Federal agencies can buy IT commodities such as servers and integrated support services faster and at lower prices through GSA.
State, local, and tribal governments
State, local, and tribal governments can use the Cooperative Purchasing Program to buy from IT Schedule 70, the IaaS BPA, and certain SmartBUY BPAs.
End-to-End IT Solutions Contracts
Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs) offer federal agencies data center services as part of a total IT solution.
Networx allows federal agencies to build seamless, secure operating environments with the best available technology, including dedicated hosting services and co-located hosting services.
Connections II offers telecommunications equipment, labor, services, and solutions for federal infrastructure, buildings, and campuses, including data centers.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/datacenter.