Selected Reading On Site Preparation
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Site Preparation
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON SITE PREPARATION
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- "Archeology and Archeological Resources: A Guide for those
Planning to Use, Affect, or Alter the Land's Surface."
Society for American Archaeology.
- Lukas, Robert, and Jerry Stockbridge. "Soil-Related Distress
in Older Structures." APT Bulletin, Vol. XX, No. 1,
1988, pp. 4-7.
- King, Thomas F. The Archeological Survey: Methods and Uses.
- King, Thomas F., Patricia Heckman Parker, and Gary Berg.
Anthropology in Historic Preservation: Caring for
Culture's Clutter. New York: Academic Press, 1977.
- McGimsey, Charles R. III., Hester A. Davis and Carl Chapman.
These are the Stewards of the Past. Columbia:
University of Missouri.
- Noel-Hume, Ivor. Historical Archeology: A Comprehensive
Guide for Both Amateurs and Professionals to the
Techniques and Methods of Excavating Historic Sites. New
York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1980.
END OF SECTION