Selected Reading On Metal Coatings
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Metal Coatings
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON METAL COATINGS
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- Jones, Larry. "Painting Galvanized Metal." The Old-House
Journal, January/February 1984, pp. 10-11.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Maintaining and Repairing
Architectural Iron." The Old-House Journal,
January/February 1990, pp. 22-27.
- Waite, John G. "The Maintenance and Repair of Architectural
Cast Iron." Preservation Briefs #27. Washington, D.C.:
U.S. Department of the Interior, 1979.
- Zirkle, John F. "Refinishing Clinic... Painting Galvanized
Metal; A Whitewash Formula; Preserving An Unpainted
Fence; Correcting a Water Stain." The Old-House Journal,
September 1979, p.107.
- Ashurst, John & Nicola. Practical Building Conservation.
Vol. 4: Metals. New York: Halsted Press, 1988.
- Gayle, Margot, David W. Look, and John G. Waite. Metals in
America's Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1980, rev. 1992.
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings:
Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1993.
- Weismantel, Guy E., ed. Paint Handbook. New York: McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1981.
- Bleekman, III, George M., et. al. "Twentieth Century Building
Materials: 1900-1950: An Annotated Bibliography."
Washington, D.C.: Preservation Assistance Division,
National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior;
and, Murfreesboro, TN: Middle Tennessee State
END OF SECTION