Selected Reading On Ornamental Metal
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Ornamental Metalwork
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON ORNAMENTAL METAL
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- Hughes, Lloyd, et. al. "The Expanding World of Ornamental
Metalwork." Traditional Building, September/October
1993, Vol. 6/No. 5, pp. 9-31.
- Kahn, Eve M. "Architectural Metalwork." Traditional
Building, November/December 1989, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 5-16.
- Lief, Judity Siegel. "Casting About for Custom Metal."
Traditional Building, November/December 1991, Vol. 4, No.
6, pp. 6-13.
- Mack, Rhoda. "Harmonic Proportion: A Classical Basis for
Metalwork Design." Traditional Building,
January/February 1994, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 9-21.
- Ohlerking, Robert, and the OHJ technical staff. "Cast Iron."
The Old-House Journal, February 1980, pp. 13, 19-22.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Architectural Cast and Wrought Iron
Work." The Old-House Journal, January/February 1990, pp.
- ________. "Maintaining and Repairing Architectural Iron."
The Old-House Journal, January/February 1990, pp. 22-27.
- Technical Staff, TB. "Sheetmetal Embellishments", and
"Sheetmetal Ornament Sourcelist." Traditional Building,
March/April 1993, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 29-34.
- Trelstad, Derek H. "[Restoration Case Study:] The U.S. Realty
and Trinity Buildings." Building Renovation.
September/October 1992, pp. 30-35.
- Ashurst, John & Nicola. Practical Building Conservation.
Vol. 4: Metals. New York: Halsted Press, 1988.
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds.
Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation,
and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of
"Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Gayle, Margot, David W. Look, and John G. Waite. Metals in
America's Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1980, rev. 1992.
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings:
Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1993.
- Bleekman, III, George M., et. al. "Twentieth Century Building
Materials: 1900-1950: An Annotated Bibliography."
Washington, D.C.: Preservation Assistance Division,
National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior;
and, Murfreesboro, TN: Middle Tennessee State
END OF SECTION