Selected Reading On General Waterproofing And Roofing
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Thermal And Moisture Protection
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON GENERAL WATERPROOFING AND ROOFING
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- Bucher, Wm. Ward. "Drying-In and Drying-Out; Flood-Damage
Lessons From Hurricane Hugo." The Old-House Journal,
March/April 1991, pp. 40-43.
- Byrne, Richard. "On the Roof - How to Inspect and Maintain
It." Canadian Heritage, February 1982, pp. 38-40.
- Gibson, D. Jameson Jr. "Waterproofing Historic Foundations."
The Old-House Journal, May/June 1992, pp. 41-45.
- Jones, Larry. "Dry Up Your Wet Basement." The Old-House
Journal, August/September 1984, pp. 150-151.
- Labine, Clem. "Roofing: Repair Or Replace?" The Old-House
Journal, February 1981, pp. 29-32.
- ________. "Elegant Roofing." Traditional Building, May/June
1993, Vol.6, No. 3, pp. 39-53.
- ________. "Roofs with Character." Traditional Building,
November/December 1989, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 17-20.
- ________. "How to Repair an Old Roof." The Old-House
Journal, April 1983, pp. 64-69.
- Labine, Clem, and Judith Siegel Lief. "The Rise of the
Ornamental Roof." Traditional Building, May/June 1992,
Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 35-46.
- Leeke, John. "Water in the Cellar; Where is it Coming From?
How Can You Stop It? The Old-House Journal, May/June
1992, pp. 35-40.
- Schechtman, Jonathan T. "Bailing out of Wet Basements." The
Old-House Journal, August 1981, pp. 169-173.
- ________. "Wet Basements." The Old-House Journal, June 1981,
pp. 123, 140-143.
- Sweetser, Sarah M. "Roofing for Historic Buildings."
Preservation Briefs #4. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1978.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Maintaining Your Roof: Inspection
Checklist." The Old-House Journal, April 1983, p. 72.
- Technical Staff, TB. "Sheetmetal Embellishments", and
"Sheetmetal Ornament Sourcelist." Traditional Building,
March/April 1993, Vol.6, No. 2, pp. 29-34.
- Addleson, Lyall. Building Failures, A Guide to Diagnosis,
Remedy and Prevention. 2nd ed. London: Butterworth
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds.
Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation,
and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of
"Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Gayle, Margot, David W. Look, and John G. Waite. Metals in
America's Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1980.
- McCampbell, B. Harrison. Problems in Roofing Design. Boston:
Butterworth Architecture, 1991.
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings:
Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1993.
END OF SECTION