Selected Reading On Flashing And Sheetmetal
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Thermal And Moisture Protection
- Flashing And Sheet Metal
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON FLASHING AND SHEET METAL
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- Bock, Gordon. "Making Sense of Metal Roofs." The Old-House
Journal, July/August 1992, pp.30-33.
- ________. "Gutter Talk." The Old-House Journal, May/June
1990, pp. 32-33.
- "Galvanic Corrosion (Electrolysis) Potential Between Common
Flashing Materials and Selected Construction Materials."
From Ramsey/Sleeper, Architectural Graphic Standards.
8th. Ed. New York: John Wiley & Sons, 1988. p. 360.
- Johnson, Walker C. "Copper Dome and Cornice Restoration and
Reconstruction." APT Bulletin, Vol. XXI, No. 1, 1989,
- Jowers, Walter. "Standing Seam Roofs." The Old-House
Journal, March 1985, pp. 35, 44-48.
- Leeke, John. "Half-Round Metal Gutters." The Old-House
Journal, July/August 1992, 34-41.
- O'Donnell, Bill. "Gutter Repairs." The Old-House Journal,
March/April 1987, pp. 27-31.
- Poore, Jonathan. "Flashing a Chimney." The Old-House
Journal, April 1983, pp. 70-71.
- ________. "Gutter Expansion Joint For Metal Lining in Built-
In Wood Gutter." The Old-House Journal, June 1980, p.
- Poore, Patricia & Jonathan. "Old Gutters." The Old-House
Journal, March/April 1987, pp. 24-25.
- Sweetser, Sarah M. "Roofing for Historic Buildings."
Preservation Briefs #4. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1978.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Maintenance of Gutters (Part 1)." The
Old-House Journal, October 1979, pp. 109, 116-118.
- ________. "Maintenance of Gutters (Part 2)." The Old-House
Journal, November 1979, pp. 129-130.
- Technical Staff, TB. "Sheetmetal Embellishments", and
"Sheetmetal Ornament Sourcelist." Traditional Building,
March/April 1993, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 29-34.
- Waite, John G. "Tinplate and Terneplate Roofing, Preservation
and Repair." The Old-House Journal, March 1981, pp. 53,
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds.
Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation,
and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of
"Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Gayle, Margot, David W. Look, and John G. Waite. Metals in
America's Historic Buildings. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1980.
- McCampbell, B. Harrison. Problems in Roofing Design. Boston,
MA: Butterworth Architecture, 1991.
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors National
Association, Inc. (SMACNA). 1929 Standard Practice Sheet
Metal Work. Vienna, VA: SMACNA, 1929; reprint ed.,
Vienna, VA: SMACNA, 1987.
- Bleekman, III, George M., et. al. "Twentieth Century Building
Materials: 1900-1950: An Annotated Bibliography."
Washington, D.C.: Preservation Assistance Division,
National Park Service, U.S. Department of the Interior;
and, Murfreesboro, TN: Middle Tennessee State
END OF SECTION