Selected Reading On General Mechanical Requirements
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Basic Mechanical Requirements
- Last Modified:
SELECTED READING ON GENERAL MECHANICAL REQUIREMENTS
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be
referenced for additional information on specific issues relating
to this subject.
- Conrad, Ernest A. "Saving Our Historic Building Systems."
The Interior's Handbook for Historic Buildings, Vol. 2.
Washington, D.C.: Historic Preservation Education
Foundation, 1993, pp. 3-23 - 3-25.
- Kaplan, Marilyn E. "The Installation of Fire Protection
Systems in Historic Interior's." The Interior's Handbook
for Historic Buildings, Vol. 2. Washington, D.C.:
Historic Preservation Education Foundation, 1993, pp. 2-1
- Kay, Gersil N. "Mechanical/Electrical Systems in Older
Buildings." APT Bulletin, Vol. XXI No. 3/4, 1989, pp. 5-
- Labine, Clem. "Sizing Up Grilles and Registers", and
"Registers and Grilles Sourcelist." Traditional
Building, March/April 1991, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 34-37.
- Park, Sharon C. "Heating, Ventilating, and Cooling Historic
Buildings: Problems and Recommended Approaches."
Preservation Briefs #24. Washington, D.C.: U.S.
Department of the Interior, 1991.
- Belle, John, John R. Hoke, and Stephen A. Kliment, eds.
Traditional Details for Building Restoration, Renovation,
and Rehabilitation; From the 1932-1951 Editions of
"Architectural Graphic Standards". New York: John Wiley
& Sons, Inc., 1991.
- Kay, Gersil Newmark. Mechanical and Electrical Systems for
Historic Buildings. New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 1992.
END OF SECTION