Guidance on Issuing GWAC Task Orders
Acquisitions should follow these basic steps:
- Plan the acquisition;
- Define requirements and develop the solicitation;
- Issue solicitations and offer fair opportunity (unless there is an exception);
- Evaluate proposals;
- Document award, debriefings, and protests; and,
- Administer and close out the order.
When using any interagency contract, your agency's internal ordering process takes precedence. If you are the issuing agency's ordering contracting officer, it is your responsibility to know of agency-specific policies for issuing orders on contract vehicles.
For Department of Defense (DoD) customers
View ordering guides
The ordering guides below define roles and responsibilities for the GWAC ordering process and provide helpful instructions for using GSA's GWACs.
- Alliant Ordering Guide [PDF - 398 KB]- A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Alliant GWAC (published 4/15/3015).
- Small Business GWAC Ordering Guide [PDF - 408 KB] - A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Small Business GWACs, including 8(a) STARS II, Alliant Small Business and VETS (published 5/31/2015).