Transportation and Mail Policy Division
The Transportation Management Policy Office, Office of Asset and Transportation Management, mission is to provide current transportation policy to government agencies. The office is responsible for updating the Federal Management Regulation, Subchapter D-Transportation when new transportation legislation is enacted, when guidance becomes obsolete, and updates as needed to improve the effectiveness of the guidance.
GSA is committed to increasing the efficiency of these transportation services. We provide strong leadership and policy expertise, collaborating with agencies, industry and associations to effectively resolve outstanding transportation service issues.
In support of the president’s initiative on open government, GSA is committed to transparency for all upcoming transportation policy activities.
The Office of Government-wide Policy sponsors a Government-wide Transportation Policy Council (GTPC) which meets quarterly with federal agency subject matter experts.
For more information on transportation policy, please visit http://www.gsa.gov/transportationpolicy.
Mail Management Policy Office helps agencies by:
- Assisting in the development of mail policy, guidance and operations
- Helping agencies track, report mail expenditures and key performance indicators
- Establishing, developing and maintaining executive and interagency mail committees
- Identifying best practices and sharing them with all federal agencies
- Maintaining a current list of agency mail managers
- Serving as a federal liaison to USPS and all mail service providers
For more information on mail policy, please visit http://www.gsa.gov/mailpolicy.