Special Order Program
The GSA Global Supply Special Order Program (SOP) provides complete, full-service acquisition management support to help you acquire the products you need most. We simplify the entire acquisition process, from proposal preparation through contract award, allowing you to focus on your mission. You can be sure our comprehensive service complies with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other applicable regulations. You have the flexibility to use the funding mechanism that works best for you—MILSTRIP or a Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR).
New Order Acceptance Criteria
Effective August 1, 2015, GSA's Southwest Supply and Acquisition Center in Fort Worth, TX, revised its policy and no longer accepts "offline" orders with a Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) valued below $3,500. For details on the scope of this change, and definition of "offline" orders, see Revised Order Acceptance Criteria [PDF - 320 KB]. Effective February 1, 2016, the Southwest Supply and Acquisition Center will not accept any customer order for items lacking GSA Global Supply contract coverage if the COGS is below $3,500. For details on the new criteria, please see Revised Acceptance Criteria as of February 1, 2016 [PDF - 307 KB].
Effective March 2, 2015, GSA revised its fee structure for assisted acquisition purchases under the Special Order Program. This Customer Notice on SOP fees [PDF - 74 KB] provides additional details.
Our Special Order Program offers streamlined access to:
- Law-enforcement, safety and security products;
- Maintenance, repair and operations supplies;
- Construction materials, tools, equipment and appliances;
- Products that support wildland-firefighting and disaster-relief efforts;
- Office supplies and equipment;
- Housewares and cleaning equipment; and
- Much more.
Our certified contract, project and financial-management professionals will expertly navigate the range of procurement vehicles to help you obtain the products you need most – delivered to you anywhere in the world.
See the reference documents listed below to learn more about the Special Order Program.
Send an email to SpecialOrderProgram@gsa.gov to get started.
- SOP Brochure [PDF - 305 KB]
- Instructionsfor MIPR Form [PDF - 175 KB]
- Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR) Form (DD448) [PDF - 125 KB]
- MILSTRIP Instructions for Form (1348-6) [PDF - 124 KB]
- DD 1348-6 Form [PDF - 562 KB]
- Interagency Agreement Form (Fillable) - 2015 version [PDF - 161 KB]
The shortcut for this page is www.gsa.gov/specialorderprogram.