GRITS II Telecommunications Services
GSA's Integrated Telecommunications Services (GRITS II) enables Federal agencies to realize significant savings off tariff rates for local telecommunication services. The discounted negotiated rates are better than those offered by previous contracts.
Orders for local telecommunication services must originate within Georgia, South Carolina, Florida , North Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Kentucky, and Mississippi but may terminate anywhere in the Continental United States (CONUS) and Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS).
GRITS II Benefits:
- New Direct Order, Direct Bill (DODB)– nominal 5% fee assessed on value of each order.
- Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ), multiple-award, fixed price, performance-based contract with an Economic Price Adjustment.
- Wide Range of Services: Voice, Data, Video, Converged Services, and Other Wired Telecommunication Services (within NAICS code 517110).
- Integrated solutions can be implemented allowing seamless connectivity for agency voice, data, and video.
- Competed Prices. Significant savings through discounted negotiated prices, which may provide up to 67% savings off tariff rates.
- Technologies through OC 192 SONET available in addition to voice services.
- Contracting Officers receive a delegation of authority for DODB.
- GSA Assisted Ordering and Billing – GSA partners with customers to:
- Define requirements, identify solutions, order services.
- Manages provision of services, manages billing operations.
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliant.
- Contracts are pre-competed and easy to use.
- Shorter procurement lead-time.
- 3-year base period with two, three-year options to extend.
- Hardware, software and related supplies and services may be procured as part of integrated technology solutions via modification.
All Local Telecommunications services were competitively advertised and awarded to the following providers:
- Core Technologies *
- Frontier Communications
- Futron *
- Level 3 Communications
- SBC Global Services d/b/a AT&T
- tw telecom (Time Warner)
- Windstream Communications
- Verizon Federal
*Futron and Core Technologies are small businesses. Set-asides within the Simplified Acquisition Threshold apply for some services, contact the telephone number provided for more details.
GSA currently supports over 2,000 federal agencies covering 445 cities, within the Southeast Sunbelt Region.
Download a copy of the GSA GRITS II Telecommunications Contract flyer, June 2014.