Projects allow the fellows to work on current and meaningful sustainability issues, with an interagency focus. Since a background in sustainability is not required of the fellows, the projects should create a learning environment, but not be overly technical or administrative in nature. Fellows are expected to use their varying expertise to provide a more global view of sustainability within procurement.
- Have clearly defined goals and activities, two milestone dates, and, if applicable, an end product.
- Include a project leader who will hold a weekly project conference call with the fellows, and provide guidance on the goals and activities.
- Involved in the work related to sustainability activities within procurement, and show that the agency can benefit from the expertise and commitment of a fellow(s) for the six month period.
- Provide potential opportunities for cross agency collaboration in sustainability efforts.
- Be able to be highlighted as an SPF project on gsa.gov.