About the Stewart Lee Udall Building

The Stewart Lee Udall building was designed to house the Department of the Interior and built under President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal program. Completed in 1936, the building's construction was closely overseen by Harold Ickes, then Secretary of the Interior. Moving from their former headquarters building, located directly across E street, the Department of the Interior has found a permanent home at 1849 C Street.

Last Reviewed 2016-06-30