Recovery Act in the Region
The National Capital Region (NCR) received $1.2 billion through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The projects include the modernization of six buildings and the construction of a new facility.
The modernizations and new construction reflect GSA's commitment to innovation, preservation, and sustainability. These advancements will increase energy efficiency, improve overall building safety, and provide the technical advancements needed to increase workplace effectiveness.
NCR’s featured regional American Recovery and Reinvestment Act projects include:
- 1800 F Street - Phase I Modernization
- Lafayette Building - Phase I Modernization
- Mary E. Switzer Building Modernization
- Department of the Interior Wing 2, Phase 5 - Modernization
- Department of Commerce Herbert C. Hoover Building Modernization
- Harry S. Truman Building Modernization
- Department of Homeland Security Consolidation and Development of St. Elizabeth's Campus
Please visit the Recovery Act: Federal Buildings Fund Investments page to learn how GSA is spending these crucial funds.